Title & Description
Leadership Icebreakers - “Blow Wind, Blow!” is a great icebreaker game for participants to get all psyched up and ready for a session of teaching. It helps build the atmosphere of a session and fosters bonding through fun.
• For icebreaking purposes
8 or more
A random item each from participants
1. Participants are to stand forming a circle facing inwards.
2. Pick a volunteer out first to stand in the centre of the circle.
3. Spread the rest of the participants out until there is about a space of 1 metre from one person to the next.
4. Next, each of these participants standing on the outside takes out a personal item ( big and noticeable) and places it in front of him/her.
5. This item serves to mark a ‘home’.
6. When everyone is ready, the volunteer in the centre will say,” Blow, Wind, Blow !”
7. The participants are to echo,” Blow what?”
8. Then the volunteer in the centre must choose the criteria. For eg. “ Blow everyone with jeans!” or “ Blow everyone who has a watch!”
9. Immediately, the people that fulfil these criteria must leave their ‘homes’ they were standing on and seek out another spot to stand on.
10. During this time of momentary chaos, the volunteer standing in the centre must quickly run and take the ‘home’ of a person who left.
11. At the end of it, there will be one person left standing in the centre because all the ‘homes’ have now been taken up.
12. This person will be the next volunteer to perform steps number 6- 10 again.
13. The game goes on until the instructor decides the time is up. There are no winners in this game, only much laughter and screaming!
Some suggestions for criteria; “blow everyone,
• who brushed your teeth this morning!”
NIL. This leadership icebreaker is purely for good, clean fun!
On a monthly basis, I write to you to share with you about my thoughts, some great articles and resources on leadership as well and I know it will greatly benefit you.
Sign up today and download a free leadership ebook worth USD 9.95!
Here are just a few of the pages that offer useful leadership resources for you. You will become a more equipped leader with these:
Great Quotes on leadership that you can use or be inspired by!
Movies: A collection on awesome leadership movies to teach leadership
Team Exercises: Some team building game ideas for you
Books: Some great books you can buy to enrich yourself
Let me begin by saying my deepest thanks to you for visiting this website. Your words of encouragement never fail to inspire and push me further to build this website to be a blessing to more people.
I have only skimmed over the website and the e-book so far, but what I've read was surprisingly deep for a non-commercial and easily accessible product.
Hello Yihan, I am very grateful for your book about leadership. It is very exciting and amazing. It's encouraging and it gives us all hope.
I was inspired by your writing and i have started putting those principles into practice.
I am compelled to write you personally and say how excited I was to discover your website. Even though I have found many websites on leadership, yours stand out because of your Leadership Movies section.
Thank you for the article that you have been sending on true leadership; I really appreciate that. I aspire to be a good leader but it starts with me first. Thank you very much. - Eagles Audacity
I have stumbled across your website a few times in my research and I wanted to commend you for the work you are doing. Your site is a great resource for leaders!
This site is amazing...thank you. I have been exploring today, and found so many great resources!
Dear Yihan, thank you for your leadership website. I am digging into visionary leadership. Thanks for your insightful summary. There are lots of valuable resources around.
I like your website a lot. In fact, I’m undertaking Masters in Construction Management and your articles help a lot.
Excellent site! Thank you so much for the time and effort you've put into compiling some of the best materials on leadership.
Hi Yihan, Thank you so much for your generosity sharing us about Leadership awareness, skills and development. God Bless.
Thanks a lot for wonderful articles on your site.it gave a lot of information in undertaking my management studies. Keep it up; good work. Thanks.
Yihan, your dedication to this site is very obvious and well done dear. Blessings be upon you; I shall in turn do my best to make a difference and be a part of this journey of true leadership with you.
To be honest, I don’t find a correct lexical to describe, how effectively I am using your site for my personal /surroundings development. Hats off to you!!!
Very helpful website really :) sometimes it’s better to be simple than complex. You give example which helps people like me understand what you want to asay.
I am grateful to God for giving us a great mind like you. You are an extraordinary individual with the wisdom & understanding to teach others to lead. You open our eyes and reveal the answers for our everyday lives with remedies we can use to enhance our lives and that of others. Way to GO! I pray God's continuous blessings on your family, friends and for the great work you is doing!
If you have feedback you would like to give, please visit Contact Me and I would love to hear from you. Really.