Title & Description
Leadership Icebreakers - Balloon Fight is a physical game that can be used to break the ice for a group of strangers or used for observing group dynamics of a team in a competitive setting. Do note that this game may be inappropriate for certain groups due to its physical nature.
• For icebreaking purposes
About 10 or more
One balloon per person (get a few extra, in case)
1. Divide everyone into groups of twos or threes.
2. Give everyone a balloon and a piece of elastic band each.
3. Get everyone to blow up the balloon into considerable size (if you haven’t already done so) and tie it to their ankle facing outwards.
4. The objective of the game is for a team to destroy all other teams’ balloons by stepping on them. (Their balloons, not their feet!)
5. Before you start the game, allocate each team to a particular location within the playing space.
6. Announce the scoring system to them:
• For destroying one balloon, 1 point is awarded.
7. Give the teams 5 minutes to strategize.
8. After 5 minutes, set the game off.
9. Every time a person’s balloon is burst, that person is eliminated and will be asked to sit down on the side.
10. Call the time when only one team’s members are left standing.
11. The winning team is the one with the highest score.
1. What behaviours did you observe from your team members before and during the balloon fight?
2. What behaviours did you observe from your opponents during the balloon fight?
3. How do you think that behaviour is reflected in the workplace?
4. Talk about a behaviour that you thought was helpful toward the team effort.
On a monthly basis, I write to you to share with you about my thoughts, some great articles and resources on leadership as well and I know it will greatly benefit you.
Sign up today and download a free leadership ebook worth USD 9.95!
Here are just a few of the pages that offer useful leadership resources for you. You will become a more equipped leader with these:
Great Quotes on leadership that you can use or be inspired by!
Movies: A collection on awesome leadership movies to teach leadership
Team Exercises: Some team building game ideas for you
Books: Some great books you can buy to enrich yourself
Let me begin by saying my deepest thanks to you for visiting this website. Your words of encouragement never fail to inspire and push me further to build this website to be a blessing to more people.
I have only skimmed over the website and the e-book so far, but what I've read was surprisingly deep for a non-commercial and easily accessible product.
Hello Yihan, I am very grateful for your book about leadership. It is very exciting and amazing. It's encouraging and it gives us all hope.
I was inspired by your writing and i have started putting those principles into practice.
I am compelled to write you personally and say how excited I was to discover your website. Even though I have found many websites on leadership, yours stand out because of your Leadership Movies section.
Thank you for the article that you have been sending on true leadership; I really appreciate that. I aspire to be a good leader but it starts with me first. Thank you very much. - Eagles Audacity
I have stumbled across your website a few times in my research and I wanted to commend you for the work you are doing. Your site is a great resource for leaders!
This site is amazing...thank you. I have been exploring today, and found so many great resources!
Dear Yihan, thank you for your leadership website. I am digging into visionary leadership. Thanks for your insightful summary. There are lots of valuable resources around.
I like your website a lot. In fact, I’m undertaking Masters in Construction Management and your articles help a lot.
Excellent site! Thank you so much for the time and effort you've put into compiling some of the best materials on leadership.
Hi Yihan, Thank you so much for your generosity sharing us about Leadership awareness, skills and development. God Bless.
Thanks a lot for wonderful articles on your site.it gave a lot of information in undertaking my management studies. Keep it up; good work. Thanks.
Yihan, your dedication to this site is very obvious and well done dear. Blessings be upon you; I shall in turn do my best to make a difference and be a part of this journey of true leadership with you.
To be honest, I don’t find a correct lexical to describe, how effectively I am using your site for my personal /surroundings development. Hats off to you!!!
Very helpful website really :) sometimes it’s better to be simple than complex. You give example which helps people like me understand what you want to asay.
I am grateful to God for giving us a great mind like you. You are an extraordinary individual with the wisdom & understanding to teach others to lead. You open our eyes and reveal the answers for our everyday lives with remedies we can use to enhance our lives and that of others. Way to GO! I pray God's continuous blessings on your family, friends and for the great work you is doing!
If you have feedback you would like to give, please visit Contact Me and I would love to hear from you. Really.